Craft the next generation of Kickserv
Use your platform and API skills to build and maintain the next generation of Kickserv. Our technology helps small-to-medium home service businesses succeed, day in and day out.
We have a number of engineering challenges ahead of us in the next several months. We’re building an all-new REST API for use by our mobile apps, in complex user interfaces and by our more advanced customers. We’re integrating with several finance and contact management applications. We’re beefing up our infrastructure to keep our customers’ businesses humming. If all that weren’t enough, we’re also rearchitecting a few of our core business objects. To get all that done, we need your help.
We’re looking for a solid Rubyist who has plenty of Rails chops, but it doesn’t end there. If you’re right for this position, you’ll also be comfortable in the deeper parts of the Ruby ecosystem: writing and packaging library code, even authoring a gem or three. You have experience building and running a Rails application’s infrastructure on Amazon Web Services–maybe even using OpsWorks and/or Chef. Linux configuration does not intimidate you.
Our main engineering office is in Minneapolis, but if you’re the right candidate, we can work with you wherever you happen to live. Kickserv is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate by race, religion, color, country of origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Skills & Experience
- You have consumed a REST API that uses OAuth 2.0.
- Better yet, you have built, shipped, and versioned one yourself, using Rails.
- You’re comfortable as part of a dynamic, distributed team environment. You communicate effectively via Slack, hangout, or project board with teammates in far-flung time zones.
- Integrate the main Kickserv application with assorted third-party services
- Help maintain and improve Kickserv’s production and test infrastructure
- Design and build Kickserv’s next-gen REST API
Apply here You will be brought to the ReachLocal job posting.