What information do we collect?
- We collect personal information about you and your business during registration.
- We collect and aggregate information on which web pages users of Kickserv® access.
- We may automatically record information that your browser sends when you visit a Kickserv web page. This data may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- When you use our mobile apps, we may collect information about your location. Our apps use your location to help you do your job more easily:
- To clock in and out at job sites
- To send update messages to customers
- To map your location for dispatchers
- With your explicit permission, we may use your mobile device’s GPS, gyroscopes, accelerometers, and network connections to gather precise location data. You will be asked for permission before we collect this data, and you have the opportunity to opt out at any time. We do not use or share your location data for advertising or marketing purposes.
What do we do with this information?
All collected information is used to improve the quality of our service and it is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- If you use an affiliate code on signup, we share your customer name and the price of your monthly subscription plan with the affiliate.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- Satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request,
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof,
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or
- Protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Kickserv, its account, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may transfer information about you if Kickserv is acquired or merged with another company with the express purposes of using that information by the acquiring party to continue delivering to you the services you had purchased as well as to market the acquiring party’s additional products and services to you.
We work with other relevant technology partners to deliver best-of-breed offerings that we think might help your business. If you approve, we will share your information with our technology partners to deliver special offers and information regarding their products and services. You have the option to opt-out of our partnership marketing at any time.
Although Kickserv owns or leases the servers, data storage, databases, and all rights to the application, you retain the rights to your data and we will never sell or share your data with a third party or contact your clients directly. We greatly respect the privacy of our accounts and the privacy of their data.
Cookies, analytics, and other technologies
We directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) to help us improve our products. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving our products and services. We collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form, so that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular individual.
More information about Google Analytics, How to opt out of Google Analytics
We collect information about you by using several common types of cookies and other tracking technologies including: log files, pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, local browser storage, and others. Some of these are required for proper operation of our software. Others are used to monitor application performance, to personalize content and experiences, for marketing and analytics, and for other lawful purposes.
A cookie is a small file that is downloaded and stored on your computer or mobile device when you access certain websites. When you load our web application in your browser, our software can access the contents of the cookie.
More information about cookies
Kickserv's software may use the following types of cookies:
Functional cookies are essential for proper operation of our applications. These include (for example) cookies that allow you to login, access, and use secured areas of the application.
Performance and analytics
These cookies collect information about how you use our products, including which pages you visit most often. These cookies do not collect information that individually identifies you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous.
Personalization cookies allow our software to remember information you have entered, or preferences you make on certain browser pages of the application. They make enhanced, personal features possible, and allow us to save your preferences between sessions.
Adjusting cookie settings
Most internet browsers accept cookies by default. You can accept, or block, cookies in your browser settings (see below). Most web browsers allow you to control or reject cookies, or alert you when a cookie is added to your computer or mobile device. Although you are not required to accept cookies, if you block or reject them, you may lose access to some functions of our software.
Changes to this policy